The purpose of music in liturgy is to support & enhance the experience of worship for the people. Music helps the congregation to more fully experience the work of the Spirit by bringing the symbols to life: gathering, reconciling, responding, proclaiming, acclaiming, petitioning, remembering, thanking, praising, celebrating and sending forth. There are different musical styles at Our Lady of Sorrows.
Our traditional choir brings vibrancy through music to our church faith community. Traditional music from Oregon Catholic Press is used in conjunction with appropriate seasonal readings. If you would like to sign-up, please contact Nell Engel.
Traditional Choir Schedule:
- Seasonal Choir (Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter) Saturdays at 5:00 p.m. Mass
- 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 a.m Mass.
Our contemporary choir uses modern and traditional music. If you would like to sign-up, please contact Jo Ann Brookes.
Contemporary Choir Schedule:
- 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month at the 11:00 a.m. Mass
Cantors lead song at Masses when a choir is not present. If you would like to participate please contact Nell Engel.
- All 5:00 pm Saturday Masses during Ordinary Time
- All 8:00 am Sunday Masses
- 1st and 3rd Sundays at 9:30 am Masses
- 1st and 3rd Sundays at 11:00 am Masses